2019 Schedule Unveiled
The 2019 footy season is here!
The Portland Australian Football Club is excited to unveil our schedule for the 2019 season! With games against the Minnesota Freeze, Des Moines Roosters, San Francisco Iron Maidens, Austin Crows, Calgary Kangaroos, and Seattle Grizzlies, in addition to our trips to USAFL Regionals and Nationals and the 2019 PAFL & PWAFL season, it’s set to be a big year!
Our full calendar of trainings and games can be found and saved to your calendar online here, while key dates are listed below:
Sunday Trainings @ Clinton Park
- 3/17 – CoedPractice /Ausball from 3:00-5:00pm
- 3/24 and beyond – Women’s trainings will be held from 1:30-3:00pm Sunday on weekends without club or PWAFL games. Men’s trainings will be held from 3:00-5:00pm Sunday on weekends without club or PAFL games.
- Timing and location for mid-week practices will be announced in the coming weeks when details have been set.
Due to attendance declining over the course of last season, we are making some changes to the PAFL in 2019:
- The season will be condensed into the first half of the year, starting 4/7 and ending with the Grand Final on 6/30.
- We are contracting the league to three teams, eliminating the Cascades.
- On PAFL game days, there will be a training from 3:00-4:00pm, followed by a PAFL game from 4:00-5:00pm.
- With three teams, on each game day two teams will play, while the third has a bye. Players on the third team will have the option to fill in as needed as they have in past years.
- All remaining players from the Cascades will be entered into the draft, along with players without an existing team. Players on the remaining three teams should email email@example.com if they wish to leave their team and re-enter the draft.
PAFL Game Dates: 4/7, 4/14, 4/21, 4/28, 5/5, 5/12, 5/19, 6/2, 6/23, and GF 6/30. All at Clinton Park.
PWAFL dates are exploding from our inaugural games last year to a full schedule this year. Games will be held from 2:00-3:00pm. All women are welcome to play in the PAFL as well.
PWAFL Game Dates: 7/7, 7/21, 8/4, 8/18, 9/1, 9/15, and GF9/29. All at Clinton Park.
All club events include Men’s & Women’s games.
6/16 – Seattle Tournament
7/28 – Regionals – Salem
8/11 – @ Minnesota
9/22 – Stumptown Throwdown – PDX
10/13 – Nationals – Sarasota
As always, we invite anyone interested to come give footy a try regardless of prior experience or skill. We welcome new players throughout the season every year. If you’re a returning player, invite your friends and coworkers, and let’s keep building our club!